SOPREMA makes it easier than ever to reap the benefits of a green roof with SOPRANATURE.
Green roofs have been gaining a steady popularity in America over the past few decades. Now, with increased client demand and advancements in technology, like the availability of ultra-lightweight growth medium and irrigation systems, this style of roof is more viable than ever before.
A green roof uses natural vegetation, like grasses and shrubs, to turn the roof, a usually neglected space, into a green oasis. The roof layers act as a soil and drainage system, compensating for the hampered ecosystems resulting from urban development, offering a multitude of economic and environmental benefits to building owners and communities.
Now, SOPREMA makes it easy to benefit from a green roof with SOPRANATURE. From modular to build-on-site vegetated systems, SOPRANATURE offers flexibility to the green roof design, providing a green roof that can be tailored to your roof needs. The SOPRANATURE systems are designed to meet the North American climate’s normative requirements and environmental challenges.
Highlights of the SOPRANATURE roof system are:
- Improved stormwater management. SOPRANATURE systems can absorb, retain and filter water, helping to reduce overflows and floods.
- Extended roof membrane life. SOPRANATURE works as an additional protective layer, adding years to the ‘ ‘roof’s waterproofing system.
- Thermal efficiency. Save money on the operational costs of the building with one of the best solutions for the improvement of energy efficiency.
- Increase urban biodiversity. Turning the roof into a green space can offset the loss of natural heritage and increase connectivity between ecosystems in the area. SOPRANATURE systems can promote the creation of microhabitats to support life, including urban agriculture, meaning locally produced healthy foods can be grown on the roof.
- Mitigate Urban Heat Island effects. Due to the evapotranspiration of the plants and the shading that comes from them, vegetated roofs naturally control the outside temperature.
- Good for occupants. SOPRANATURE systems make living spaces more comfortable. These vegetated systems reduce the Urban Heat Island effect and suffused noise and increase a person’s contact with nature.
Ultimately, a green roof is environmentally valuable in every definition. They provide significant health, social and economic benefits for the residents and communities of properties while being sustainable and efficient. Let SOPRANATURE add value and increase the quality of life for your building. Look into finding the right SOPRANATURE vegetative system for your roof today.
By Cass Jacoby, RCS Reporter. First appeared on RoofersCoffeeShop.