SOPREMA offers a comprehensive line of commercial roofing, waterproofing, wall protection and civil engineering solutions combining superior products and systems with decades of proven performance. Our solutions include industry-leading SBS-modified bitumen membranes, polymeric PMMA/PMA liquid-applied membranes and synthetic single ply PVC membranes. For applications as diverse as roofing, below grade waterproofing, plaza deck and balcony waterproofing, air and vapor barriers and bridge and parking structures, SOPREMA has the solution. SOPREMA’s relentless pursuit of technological advancement, sustainability, and product quality has been known and respected around the world for over 100 years.
SOPREMA was founded in 1908 as Charles Geisen, while seeking to develop a fully waterproof fabric which would also be flexible and easy to install, found the solution by soaking jute fabric in hot bitumen. The result gave a lightweight but strong screed which came to be known as “MAMMOUTH®“, learn more about our company history.
Today, the company operates over 50 manufacturing plants and has a presence in 90 countries across the world. In the U.S, we manufacture in Wadsworth, Ohio and Gulfport, Mississippi. SOPREMA continues to operate with core values of integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, and a focus on sustainable product development to minimize our impact on the environment.
Commitment to Quality and Sustainability
Quality lies at the heart of our business, from our mission statement to our daily operations. Our commitment to excellence in quality is proven by our ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 certifications. Additionally, on a global basis, the company operates a worldwide standardization process meaning you get the same quality product at any SOPREMA location. Our Quality Compliance Certificate program allows product data to be pulled straight from the manufacturing line to ensure consistency every time. Simply put, with SOPREMA, consistency is built into our processes every day, everywhere.
Globally, SOPREMA’s R&D capabilities are quite extensive, with research and product development coming from state of the art laboratories in 13 facilities operated with an emphasis on sustainable development. In the US, our R&D chemists are responsible for working closely with SOPREMA experts, architects and contractors to develop innovative, cutting edge advancements and technologies.
Our Global Mission:
Ensure company growth and profitability by:
- innovation and business opportunities
- autonomy and the skills of our employees
- the efficient production of quality products
- the best technical support in the industry
- synergy between various sectors of the company
- the sale of products for roofing, waterproofing, wall systems and civil engineering projects.
Our Global Vision:
To be the leader in the areas of development, production and sale of products that meet and exceed the requirements of our markets.
Our Global Values:
Integrity and respect
– Integrity and respect should be the basis of our relationship with clients, suppliers, colleagues and the collective building industry.
– We commit to excellence in all our endeavors. We must show proof of judgment, professionalism, rigor, personal discipline, perseverance, team spirit, and a customer-centered attitude.
– Our activities and growth should take place against a backdrop of sustainable development aimed at reducing harmful effects on the environment as much as possible.