SOPRA-XPS 40 is a rigid thermal insulation board made of high-density extruded polystyrene with squared edges on its four sides. It is composed of closed cell foam. SOPRA-XPS 40 is designed for applications requiring high-density insulation on which heavy loads will be applied. It is mainly used for SOPREMA foundation systems under slabs, protected-membrane roofing systems (inverted), parking decks, and plaza decks. Compliant with ASTM C578–14, Type VI.
- Material Extruded Polystyrene
- Use Insulation
• Insulation boards are laid flat on the ground for applications under concrete slab
• When installing multiple layers of SOPRA-XPS, all joint should be staggered between layers
• When another layer of SOPRA-XPS 40, 60 & 100 insulation is required, it should be installed with staggered joints without being adhered to the first layer
ADHERED WITH ADHESIVE
• Adhere with SOPRASEAL LM 200 T adhesive or an other adhesive compatible with extruded polystyrene on the foundation walls
• When another layer of SOPRA-XPS 40, 60 & 100 insulation is required, it should be installed with staggered joints on the first layer
ALSAN® RS PASTE
ALSAN RS Paste is a rapid-setting, proprietary formulation polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) heavy paste. ALSAN RS Paste is used to fill…View Product
SOPRASEAL MESH is a reinforced non-woven polyester fabric. It is used for above-grade applications with SOPRASEAL LM 202 VP or…View Product
COLPHENE® 180 FR GR
COLPHENE® 180 FR GR (fire retardant, granulated) is an SBS-modified bitumen cap ply reinforced with a tough, dimensionally stable non-woven polyester mat. The topside is surfaced with ceramic coated granules, and the underside is surfaced with fine mineral aggregate.View Product
Paris Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas, Nevada
With nearly 3,000 rooms, the Paris Hotel & Casino is one of the largest properties in Las Vegas. SOPREMA provided a cost-competitive, UL Class A system with a 20-year labor and material warranty.
Second Ward Gymnasium – Charlotte, North Carolina
Second Ward High School is a historic school in Charlotte, North Carolina that opened in 1923. The school was closed in 1969 and eventually demolished,with the exception of the gymnasium. When renovating the building into a recreation center, SOPREMA products were used to seal and protect the wall systems.